The umbrella project focuses on an exchange of experience and on the co-ordination and integration of the subprojects. It has the following specific objectives:
- to bring together coastal defence experts from administration, science and private companies from around the North Sea and beyond,
- to exchange experiences and studies of good practise on coastal risk management,
- to evaluate and further develop innovative integrated risk management strategies, considering national regulations and responsibilities,
- to initiate and support transnational co-operation on integrated coastal risk management (networking),
- to integrate coastal risk management into strategies for a sustainable management of the coastal zones in the North Sea Region.